Irvine Police Department Explorer Post Recruitment
The goals of the Irvine Police Explorer Program are:
- To recruit qualified young men and women and prepare them for future careers in police service.
- To assist them in becoming better citizens in their community, while developing a positive relationship between the police and the youth of our community.
- Preparing the young people physically and mentally for a challenging career.
- To provide a forum, in which young people can provide community service.
The Explorer program is designed to build character, develop leadership and potential, develop an appreciation of community service, and develop good citizenship habits.
The Irvine Police Department is looking for young people of all backgrounds who want to become part of an organization in support of their community. We are seeking young people who are eager to learn about police work, leadership and service to the community.
The following qualifications must be met for participation in the program:
- Ages 14 to 18 and reside within the City of Irvine
- No major criminal record
- Maintain a least a 2.0 GPA in all school classes
- Be able to participate in Police Explorer activities
- Pass a preliminary background investigation
Meetings are held at the Irvine Police Department on the first and third Wednesday of every month at 6:30 p.m.. Please call Lead Explorer Advisor, Officer Mike Frei at (949) 724-7189 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, or visit our Explorer page.