|News Release||City of Irvine|
Public Information Office
1 Civic Center Plaza
Irvine, CA 92606
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||PRESS RELEASE #012306|
|Subject :||Child Car Seat Inspection Event|
|Contact :||Jeff Love, Lieutenant (949) 724-7112|
|IRVINE, CA – The Irvine Police Department, in partnership with Children Hospital of Orange (CHOC) and Safekids will be sponsoring a child car seat inspection event on:
February 17, 2006
10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Irvine Police Department
One Civic Center Plaza, Irvine CA 92623
(Corner of Harvard and Alton)
Call (949) 724-7021 for an appointment
There are 25 inspection times available so call (949) 724-7021 now to make your appointment.
*** For those who cannot attend on Friday, February 17, 2006, the Irvine Police Department will be providing child car seat inspections on an ongoing basis by appointment only. Call (949) 724-7021 for an appointment.
For those attending the event on February 17 or for those who will be served at a latter date, please refer to the following instructions:
- One appointment per car seat, per vehicle.
- Appointments take a minimum of 45 minutes each.
- Installation is done by the owner at the direction of a technician.
- Bring your car seat instructions and vehicle owner’s manual to the event.
- Those with infants under one year of age, bring a towel to assist with positioning the seat.
- Those with leather seats, bring a waffle shelf liner to protect the leather surface area.
- Seats must be installed prior to arrival.
Since its incorporation in 1971, Irvine has become a nationally recognized city, with a population of 231,117, spans 66 square miles and is recognized as one of America’s safest and most successful master-planned urban communities. Top-rated educational institutions, an enterprising business atmosphere, sound environmental stewardship, and respect for diversity all contribute to Irvine’s enviable quality of life. This family-friendly city features more than 16,000 acres of parks, sports fields and dedicated open space and is the home of the Orange County Great Park – the first great metropolitan park of the 21st century. For more information, please visit cityofirvine.org.